Wednesday, April 27, 2011

25 (+) Songs I Enjoy Painting To

I went with the 25 (+) thing because it'd be impossible to pick just 25. I have more than 20,000 songs on my computer, so getting this under 100 is a feat in itself. Old, new... just some of my faves. In no particular order, this is the (first half?) of my #1 painting playlist. Maybe you've heard some, maybe you haven't... I recommend them all. Equal parts madness, anger, depression... and sheer joy. I have an obsession with making "mixtapes" (okay, I know we call them CDs now, but mixtape sounds wayyy cooler) for all my friends, so here is a little insight into what goes on during these tapings:

o1. she loves everybody (steve aoki remix) - chester french (one of my fave songs ever! the remix, not the original. deal with it.)

o2. home - edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros

o3. hey you - pony pony run run

o4. frontier psychiatrist - the avalanches

o5. lisztomania (classixx version) - pheonix

o6. heads will roll - yeah yeah yeahs

o7. moving pictures - the cribs

o8. just like heaven - the cure

o9. wild horses - rolling stones

1o. black swan - thom yorke

11. symphonies - dan black

12. sweet child o' mine - guns 'n roses

13. the kids don't stand a chance - vampire weekend

14. lua - bright eyes (!! one of my faves. EVER.) [also: calendar hung itself]

15. walking on a dream - empire of the sun

16. a praise chorus - jimmy eat world

17. tiny cities made of ashes - modest mouse (also: paper thin walls)

18. bandages - hot hot heat

19. everything is alright - motion city soundtrack

2o. the human touch (sidechains remix) - heads we dance

21. foxtrot uniform charlie kilo - bloodhound gang

22. we will become silhouettes (mexicans with guns remix) - the postal service

23. psychotic girl - the black keys

24. the cave - mumford & sons

25. viva la vida (discotech remix) - coldplay

26. bulletproof - la roux

27. hurricane - something corporate

28. le disko (tommie sunshine's brooklyn fire retouch) - shiny toy guns (also: jackie will save me)

29. mistaken for strangers - the national

3o. come together - the beatles (also: blackbird)

31. fake plastic trees - radiohead

32. loud pipes - ratatat

33. where is my mind? - pixies

34. sleepyhead - passion pit

35. hardcore days & softcore nights - aqueduct

36. banquet - bloc party

37. disillusion - badly drawn boy

38. sympathique - pink martini

39. loosen your hold - south

4o. rebellion (lies) - arcade fire (also: ready to start)

41. lights & music - cut copy

42. sam's town - the killers (also: mr. brightside [jacques lu cont's thin white duke remix])

43. ghetto ways - scissors for lefty

44. 12:51 - the strokes

45. so rich, so pretty - mickey avalon

46. bigmouth strikes again - the smiths

47. don't you evah - spoon

48. enjoy the silence - depeche mode (also: personal jesus)

49. eet - regina spektor (also: everything she's ever recorded!)

5o. nature of the experiment - tokyo police club


I have, like, 9 million more. This is just the first 50 of my playlist. So in other words... 25 x 2... aka the age I'll be if you multiply my life by 2. Get it? HA! Seeya there.

No comments: