Wednesday, January 26, 2011

new hobbies

I recently deactivated my Facebook. Partly because it's become borderline creepy, and partly because there are pictures on there from my early college days when Facebook was only for college students (which I think is how it should have stayed). Nowadays, "I'm not on Facebook" is the new "I don't own a TV."



Not checking my Facebook 200 times per day has left me with a lot of free time, and I've been considering some new hobbies... I'm currently contemplating:
1. Knitting a Snuggie for my dog.
2. Underwater basketweaving and/or glassblowing.
3. Creating a pâper-maché replica of Mt. Rushmore.
4. Taking up speaking solely in haiku form (perhaps using a British accent). I've done this previously, but I'm tempted to bring it back.
5. Training for the hopscotch world championships.

Perhaps I'll memorize the dictionary as well.

After all, if I did memorize the dictionary, I could probably complete my life goal of finishing a New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle.
And that would be awesome.

No comments: